WORLD JOURNAL OF ADVANCE
HEALTHCARE RESEARCH

( An ISO 9001:2015 Certified International Journal )

An International Peer Review Journal for Medical Science and Pharma Professionals
World Journal of Advance Healthcare Research (WJAHR) has indexed with various reputed international bodies like : Google Scholar , Index Copernicus , SOCOLAR, China , Research Bible, Fuchu, Tokyo. JAPAN , Cosmos Impact Factor , Scientific Indexing Services (SIS) , UDLedge Science Citation Index , International Impact Factor Services , International Society for Research Activity (ISRA) Journal Impact Factor (JIF) , IFSIJ Measure of Journal Quality , Scientific Journal Impact Factor (SJIF) , International Scientific Indexing, UAE (ISI) (Under Process) , International Impact Factor Services (IIFS) , Web of Science Group (Under Process) , Directory of Research Journals Indexing , Scholar Article Journal Index (SAJI) , International Scientific Indexing ( ISI ) , 

ISSN 2457-0400

Impact Factor  :  5.464

News & Updation

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Dear Researcher, Article Invited for Publication  in WJAHR coming Issue.

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • 6th International Conference on Human and Soci

    Venue:FCT Education Resource Center, Abuja- Nigeria                                        September 22-24, 2019

  • WJAHR New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that WJAHR Impact Factor has been increased from  4.897 to 5.464 due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • .

    6th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY AND CURRICULUM STUDIES(ICETC2019) 

     

    Venue: FCT Education Resource Center, Abuja-Nigeria

    September 22-24, 2019

  • WJAHR: JUNE ISSUE PUBLISHED

    JUNE 2022 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 June 2022

  • New Issue Published

    Its Our pleasure to inform you that, WJAHR 1 June Issue has been Published, Kindly check it on https://www.wjahr.com/home/current_issues

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Advance Healthcare Research (WJAHR)Honored the authors with best paper award, monthly based on the innovation of research work. Best paper will be selected by our expert panel.

Best Article of current issue

Download Article : Click here

Indexing

Abstract

ASSESSMENT OF BACTERIAL BIOFILM FORMATIONS IN URINARY CATHETERS; CASE CONTROL STUDY

Zena N. Aljalelli*, Muataz Alani

ABSTRACT

Objectives: To conduct bacteriological identification that causing biofilm in urinary catheters; using morphological and biochemical methods. Materials and method: The study was conducted during the period from Oct 2017 to July 2020. Bacteriological samples were collected from patients admitted to different Teaching Hospitals in Mosul city. Patients are those with urinary tract catheterization . A total of (106) bacteriological samples were collected. The studied subjects were (53) patients,(33 males and 20 females). The age of the patients was ranged between 1-80 years (mean46.82 ± 337). A control subjects are those who are admitted to the hospital for other causes and had short term catheterization, All samples were cultured on different media for full bacteriological investigation and estimation of total and viable counts. Results: In the present study a total of 131 microorganisms were isolated. Gram negative bacteria were more frequently encountered than the gram positive ones among all samples. Urinary catheters yielded 74 microorganisms while 57 bacterial isolates were obtained from urine samples. The most frequent gram negative isolate was E.coli for both urinary catheters and urine cultures, while E.faecalis and Staph. Epidermids were the dominant gram positive bacteria. The most effective antimicrobial agent against gram negative bacterial isolates was Imipenem, while ciprofloxacin was the top agent for gram positive isolates. The estimation of total and viable counts out of 53 tested samples 49 (92.6%) showed a total count ranging between ( 150-300 x106) bacteria, while the viable count was ranging between( 120-250 x104 ) bacteria only. The remaining 4 cases (7.4%) yielded a clear suspension and showed no growth on blood agar. Conclusions: The bacteria formed biofilm within the medical devices are mainly gram negative. Imipenim is the most effective agent against gram negative isolates, while Vancomycine, represented the drug of choice for gram positive isolates.

[Full Text Article]